What You Need to Know to Charter a Bus for the First Time
There are many factors that need to be considered when chartering a bus, especially for first-timers. Here’s everything you need to know:
The Metropolitan Shuttle staff helps walk you through every step:
- Quote – Request a quote online via our website or over the phone.
- Review quote by phone or via email with a Metropolitan Shuttle representative.
- Receive contract – After signing a contract, a refundable down payment is required.
- Trip Confirmation – The buses are reserved for your party.
- Payment – The full payment of your trip is due 30 days before departure.
- Receive trip and driver details 24 hours before departure.
Local Area Charter (trip within metropolitan area)
- Charges hourly ($95 -$195 depending on size and grade of bus)
- Garage time (the time it takes to get the bus from garage to departure point and back) is included
- Typically a 4-5 hour minimum
- Over-the-road trips are charged by mile ($3-4 per mile)
- A deadhead rate, which accounts for the return trip of the empty bus, is charged on one-way rentals
Benefits of Charter Bus Rental
- Compared to airfare, a charter bus is often much cheaper per passenger, especially when every seat is filled. Bus travel is the safest mode of transportation. Professional chauffeur allows passengers to relax.
Payment Terms and Options
- Metropolitan Shuttle requires full payment 30 days before departure
- Accepts credit cards, checks, and money orders
Charter Bus Safety
- Twice as safe as air travel
- 50 times safer than a car
- To ensure the safety of passengers, Metropolitan Shuttle only works with vendors and operators that are properly insured, and are in good standing with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA.)
- At Metropolitan Shuttle, customer satisfaction is a top priority, which is why someone is always available for support or your questions.
Have more questions about chartering a bus? Call us at 1-866-556-3545 or request a free quote today.