Senior Day Dos and Don’ts
Grad nite is a once-in-a-lifetime event that celebrates a major milestone for every student—the much-anticipated high school graduation. Make senior day an epic event by incorporating useful tips from the event planning experts at Metropolitan Shuttle, the leaders in safe and affordable charter bus rental.
- DO have a great time: Make grad nite an unforgettable night that celebrates all the hard work of graduating high school and taking the next step in life. Graduating high school is a major achievement, which means that it’s time to go big with the celebration. We recommend a trip to popular amusement parks that have a special senior day, such as an amusement park, which hosts the “Most Extreme Grad Nite Party on the Planet.” The Grad Nite Package includes exclusive park access closed to the public, plus a live radio DJ with dance areas, safety and security, and a Grad Pass with 120 dates of return visits.
- DO save money on transportation by booking a charter bus from Metropolitan Shuttle, a trusted name in affordable bus rental. Our reservation staff works hard to get the best rates with bus operators and then passes those savings onto you. The larger the group, the cheaper the rate per passenger, which makes charter bus rental a budget-friendly alternative to air travel and taxi services.
- DO make grad nite a fun, all-inclusive event that everybody can afford. At Metropolitan Shuttle, we feature a range of affordable bus rentals that can fit any budget.
- DO be safe, which starts with a charter bus, the safest way to travel. Grad nite typically starts at 9pm and goes until 5am, which means that a professional driver with a commercial drivers license is essential for transporting large groups safely and efficiently. Additionally, our drivers are required to stay in compliance with Interstate Passenger Carrying regulations that are dictated by the FMCSA. Hours-of-service regulations are something we take very seriously because these rules are essential for keeping overtired drivers off the road. With these rules set in place, you and your group can rest assured that you’re in good hands, especially during late night travel. By federal law, drivers cannot driver more than 10 hours (600 miles) per day, so if you’re planning a longer trip, you can have peace of mind knowing that driver changes are mandatory.
- DO be on time. With large groups, it’s always a good idea to have students and chaperones arrive one hour before the actual departure of the charter bus. This helps to ensure that no one gets left behind, even the usual latecomers.
- DON’T take any chances with the safety of students and chaperones and book a safe and affordable charter bus for grad nite. After all, charter bus rental is one of the safest ways to travel. Statistically speaking, charter buses only account for 10 percent of yearly road fatalities. Group travel on motor coaches is also 50 times safer than a car and twice as safe as air travel.In fact, Metropolitan Shuttle has a proven track record of safety since opening in 2001. First of all, we only work with vendors and operators that are in good standing with the FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration).
- DON’T work with a driver that isn’t fully qualified. At Metropolitan Shuttle, charter bus drivers must have a current CDL (Commercial Driver License), which requires extensive knowledge and testing that goes beyond regular driving requirements. In fact, in order to obtain a CDL, the driver must possess a CLP (Commercial Learner’s Permit), which requires a driving record review of the last 10 years. The Department of Transportation also provides safety ratings for charter buses. However, Metropolitan Shuttle performs an additional verification of operators, which involves a dedicated staff vetting and checking out all buses and drivers for safety and reliability.
- DON’T spend a fortune on senior day. When it comes to planning an epic event with a large group of people, charter bus rental is one of the most inexpensive transportation options. And when you keep the transportation costs down, it makes a significant difference on the total price of the trip per person. The costs of high school graduation can add up pretty quickly, which is why parents and students will appreciate the lower price of grad nite event tickets.
- DON’T reserve a charter bus that fails to meet FMCSA maintenance and service standards, including necessary safety features like emergency windows and exits, as well as seat belts. At Metropolitan Shuttle, we understand that transporting large groups of people is a huge responsibility. This is why we adhere to strict inspection guidelines with all our vendors. Also, drivers must deliver a written report that certifies each vehicle is in safe working condition. Additionally, any maintenance or repairs must be taken care of immediately and documented as per the requirements of the FMCSA.
- DON’T stress about planning the perfect senior day. When you book a charter bus for grad nite, the expert staff at Metropolitan Shuttle walks you through the process step by step. Once you have an approximate head count and the date of travel, simply contact us for a quote. We recommend securing transportation far in advance, which helps you lock in the lowest price possible. Once you make a reservation, you will be required to sign a contract and pay a refundable down payment, which confirms your trip. Buses will then be secured for your specified dates. Similar to most charter bus companies, Metropolitan Shuttle requires the full payment of the trip 30 days before departure. 24 hours before your trip, you can expect to receive trip and driver details, which can also be accessed in real time with our handy MetroTrac app.
With insider transportation and coordinating tips, get an A+ in grad nite event planning by making it a night that will be remembered fondly for years to come.