Tips on how to Organizing a Brewery Trip With Friends
Visiting breweries is a great way for tasting different kinds of beers and getting first-hand information on them.
The classic California winery tour is fine for some — but this summer, why not shake things up with a brewery tour? The time is right to gather some friends, hit some local (or not-so-local) breweries, and sample generous amounts of fine ale. For maximum enjoyment and relaxation, why not someone else do the driving? Metropolitan Shuttle offers charter buses, vans, and even party buses to suit groups of every size. We can help make your next self-made brewery tour one to remember.
Planning Your Brewery Tour
So how do you make the perfect brewery trip happen? Here are some steps to get you started.
- Assemble your guest list. Pick a handful (or a score) of your closest friends, the ones you know can drink responsibly. If you’re chartering a bus, Metropolitan Shuttle can help you pick just the right vehicle for your transportation needs: anything from a limo van to a massive party bus.
- Pick your route. Once you know who’s attending, it’s time to decide which beers you most want to sample. If you’re in the Pacific Northwest, cities like Portland are famous for their breweries, and Metropolitan Shuttle offers rates for interstate travel. We’ll help you organize a schedule and work out where to pick up and drop off everyone involved. Make sure the breweries you want to visit will be open on the day you plan to attend and keep an eye out for any special rules or requirements.
- Get people involved. A great beer tour is often its own reward, of course — but you can add some extra excitement to the mix by making it into an event, adding a theme, or otherwise spicing things up. Ask friends or family to sponsor your trip and donate the proceeds to a local charity. The beer just tastes better when you know you’re drinking for a good cause.
- Pick a playlist. What’s a trip without great music? Many of our vehicles come equipped with CD players and/or free wi-fi, so you can hook up your tunes and keep everyone entertained. The more luxurious buses even have widescreen TVs with satellite, to make the time between breweries even more festive.
- Secure lodging. Will you be staying overnight after your whirlwind beer tour, or heading back to the bus for the trip home? If you need to secure a hotel, you’re best off booking in advance. If not, there’s always the time-honored tradition of sleeping on the bus.
- Plan to sample the local cuisine. What’s beer without wings, brats, pizza, or the vegetarian fare of your choice? Any brewery tour deserves to be punctuated with a great meal, so take a look at the local restaurants at your destination and make some reservations well ahead of time.
Make Your Next Beer Trip Great
There are plenty of reasons why booking a charter bus or van for a group brewery tour can make your trip better:
- Safety. Our vehicles are safety-certified and we offer only certified, professional drivers.
- Convenience. When you work with us, we’ll help handle all the scheduling, organizing, and logistics. We have the expertise to ensure everything will run smoothly, and we’re only a phone call away if anything goes wrong.
- Comfort. Our buses are roomy, comfortable, and packed with amenities. Why cram everyone into individual cars, when you can stretch out in style?
Summer is a great time to book a one-of-a-kind brewery tour experience in a town near you, and chances are Metropolitan Shuttle has the vehicle you need to make it happen. We’re a reservation service for charter buses, and we’ll find you vehicles from the best charter bus companies in cities all across the United States. Ready to see what we can do for you? Call us at 1-866-556-3545 or contact us today for a pricing on a bus charter for your brewery tour.